Pages

Wednesday 4 September 2013

Most exciting week for me!


Well, the most amazing things happened to me this week.  Good and bad, but that’s life isn’t it!

Firstly, I soared past the three hundred AND four hundred downloads mark on my kindle books, the links of which I will add at the bottom of today’s post in case anyone fancies giving them a try.

Then, I actually received my first bad review!  I know, I probably shouldn’t share that with you, but I look on it as constructive as it was on an experimental story so I’m not too down hearted.  It certainly doesn’t counter the six excellent reviews that I have received.

But then, the biggie that happened is that I have received official recognition that my anti bullying poetry might actually be pretty good.  I have been submitting a few of them to various magazines and on Wednesday ‘The Cannon’s Mouth’, a 30 year old publication, accepted and published my poem ‘My New Phone’ in their September Quarterly edition!  Look at this!!


 

Not only is it great that someone in the industry actually liked my poem enough to include it, but it does now start my ‘publishing c.v.’ which a lot of agents and publishing houses look for.  One of my novels is a 90,000 word self proclaimed epic, ha ha, but seriously I would love to get it accepted and published in physical form rather than just be available on Kindle.  I am also nearly finished writing my collection of anti bullying poetry and hope to publish it to help raise awareness and funds for the charity, beatbully.org.  I have also started my second full length novel, so who knows.  Today I am still in my small, little village on the outskirts of Birmingham, next step, Hollywood!

Other than that…I’m loving the series ‘Under the Dome’ at the moment.  A combination of Stephen Spielberg and Stephen King..surely it can’t go wrong?  Also started the new series called ‘Wentworth’, which is a remake of the old Aussie soap ‘Prisoner Cell Block H’.

The rugby union season starts as well, so a big shout out to Toby Flood, who was stretchered off against Ulster in the final warm up game for Leicester Tigers.  Get well soon Floody!

Thanks for reading my ramblings and have a great week.  Here are the links

Feature Length Novel



 

No comments:

Post a Comment