Pages

Tuesday 4 May 2021

The Woodsman and good friends

 So, it's been an interesting couple of weeks.

 

Football wise, the founders of the ESL have realised what a fuck up they made of the announcement and how much they massively underestimated the feelings of the fans in England. While it may seem like a brilliant idea, having the likes of Man U, Liverpool, Barcelona, Madrid, Milan etc playing each other on a regular basis, it takes away from the domestic competitions and at the end of the day, football is always classified as your "working man’s sport". It’s the part of the community and the foreign owners who are businessmen at heart, failed to recognise that. 

So its all gone away again... for now. They have been talking about this for many years, possibly over 20 years, so expect it to raise its head again in the future. It is up to the domestic FA's and UEFA to figure out a way to stop it.

From my own team's front, WE'RE IN THE FA CUP FINAL IN 2 WEEKS!!!!! May 15th. Wembley Stadium. Against Chelsea.

I hate Chelsea, I really do! From how they cheated us out of a semi-final when we had the wonderful Martin O'Neal as manager, to more recent events, they seem to be the team, next to Man City, who block our way. But this is a final and anything can happen. We have already beaten them this season, and with players coming back to form, i think that this year could be the first in our history to deliver that prize. The FA Cup is regarded across the world as the best domestic club cup competition and I'm desperate for our club to add their name to the list of winners.

League wise, we have had a couple of up and downers, but as I type, we are 5 points clear of 5th place West Ham with 4 games left. We play Newcastle on Friday and a win would just about nudge us over the line for Champions League qualification next year. That would allow us to not only keep hold of our best players, but also look at a better quality of new player. Rumour ran amok and the names now being linked with us look really, really good.

Moving on from football, one of my favourite shows drew to a conclusion on Sunday night as Line of Duty finally revealed the identity of "H" or "The Fourth Man." It has been a fantastic season, and i am not going to go the line of most, which has similar echoes to the end of Game of Thrones. Yes, the character revealed as "H" was a very underwhelming ending, until I started looking back at how long the character had been in the show. So, looking at it all in context, while it wasn’t the person I was expecting, it still wasn’t a bad choice.

I do feel that they have left a lot of things open. This was supposed to be the end. I don't think so. Various things are leading to another season, and I would not be surprised if the "H" revelation is false.

Writing wise - things are running away with me now! Zack Jacobs was the original working title, although I've just changed it now to "The Woodsman". Had a really good week and am now nearing the end of chapter 4. 7700 words, Things progressing nicely.

I had my first two beta reader feedbacks and they both like it a lot, although complaints of too many characters introduced. I'll need to look at that but as it is jumping between 2000 and 2021, there will be two different sets of characters so I don’t see any way out of it.

Other than that!!! I am now washing and ironing my holiday clothes. I'm off to Rhyl in North Wales next Monday for a well-deserved break. Fear not, my laptop will be with me, but will be in total writing mode!

Enjoy your week everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment